Saturday, June 02, 2012

RE-ANIMATOR (Warning! Readers Advisory!)

And thus it begins, The Summer of Lovecraft on Warning! Readers Advisory!. 7 movies and 4 books based on, and adapted from, the works of that master of pulp horror and general douchebaggery, HP Lovecraft. In the weeks to come I will review such seminal works as From Beyond, Necronomicon, Dunwich Horror, Dagon, Cast a Deadly Spell and In the Mouth of Madness. Additionally, I will review all four of Charles Stross' The Laundry novels, chronicling the adventures of British secret agent and tech support guru, Bob Howard, as he faces off against the forces of the Mythos.

But how are we to begin this week? Why, with that least Lovecraftian of Lovecraft films, a little Jeffrey Combs number called...

RE-ANIMATOR

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I look forwards to the From Beyond review - that is one of my favorite horror flicks.

On a different subject I am asking your permission to use your name in a joke on my show.

My show reviews RPGs and the next episode reviews Dr. Who AiT&S.

First character says; "Tell me something I don't know."

Second character says; "Derek the Bard is a secret agent of the Silence."

First character says; "I did not see that coming..."

Second character says; "Most people don't."

I will not use your name in this joke without your permission.

6:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home