Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Apparently, I'm going to Hell

There was a street preacher outside Sydney Smith hall today who was getting quite the crowd. He was there for 5 hours and during that time, while being heckled and sparred with, the mob around him managed to double the sales of a local hotdog vendor.

Also, apparently according to said preacher I'm going to hell for being...how did he put it? "Lying sinning adulterous thief" (apparently looking at a woman is considered "adultery"...literally, the guy said that if you looked at a woman and thought she was attractive you were comitting adultery...so...how does marriage work?). Eh. Whatever floats your boat man.

I've never been called a sinner before. I am amused.

What's really funny was that last night I had a class on "The Roman Spectacle". And a religious fanatic drawing a mob who are jeering, joking, and buying food is most DEFINITLY a Roman spectacle!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ive never seen your super hero halloween costume,but i'd love to see it now

link it for me?

dok discord
http://myspace.com/doktordiscord

3:41 a.m.  
Blogger Derek the Bard said...

Doc,

Here

Doc Halloween.

1:43 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who's going to shove a cane up my ass when i have 5 oddly dressed lunatics fighting alongside me?

5:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home