Sunday, November 28, 2004

Green Lantern thought stuff

Among other things tonight, I think I have thought up a concept for a GL Elseworlds that I shall attempt to script.

I also give these three Green Lantern oaths. The oath does not have to be sworn when the lantern is recharging the ring, but they often are so the wielder can reaffirm his or her beliefs in the corps and their duties.

There is the classic Hal Jordan:

"In brightest day,
In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power
Green Lantern's light."

There's the lightless:

"In loudest din or hush profound,
my ears catch evil's slightest sound.
Let those who toll out evil's knell,
beware my power:
The F-Sharp Bell!"

And there's the slightly fuzzy and romantic:

"The cosmos through,
in every part,
one thing endures:
a loving heart.
Against the knaves,
who'd quell this song,
Green Lanterns stand,
to right the wrong!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home