Saturday, February 25, 2006

Things I never knew

I'm playing Stephen Hawking in Mage.

Seriously. My LARP Awakening PC is Stephen Hawking with a gimped out knee instead of a motor neuron disease.

How do I know this?

Dr. Sir Martin Blackhall was born on Jan. 8, 1945. 3 years after Stephen Hawking TO THE DAY.

Dr. Blackhall was born in Oxford. So was Hawking.

Dr. Blackhall attended Cambridge where he got his Bachelor's degree, then went on to study and teach at Oxford. Stephen Hawking attended Oxford where he got his Bachelor's degree, then went on to study and teach at Cambridge.

Dr. Blackhall is a Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire. Stephen Hawking is a Commander of the Order of the British Empire.

Both are astrophysicists, and are world renowed.

Funny thing? I DIDN'T know any of this prior to making the character in November. I found this all out last week.

Ain't that a kick in the head?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home