Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Revenge of the 1980s

Has anyone else noticed that the global media is flipping back to the late 1970s/early 1980s lately? We've practically got a redux of the Cold War (only a lot hotter...but a very similar attitude of paranoia). Return of the blaxploitation flicks (I think I saw previews for at least three before the movie tonight). ANd return of the 1980s popular products...just in time for Christmas.

Today I've seen ads for Chia Pets and the Clapper. And they weren't even new ads. These were the same ones I saw as a kid. Its eerie. My past is coming back to haunt me. Soon I'll be seeing the return of such shows as Dinosaucers, Centurions, Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future, and GI Joe. Not GI Joe X-Treme, but honest to god, good old GI Joe.

Lady Jane and Flint are coming to get me. I just know it.

COBRA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home