Friday, March 25, 2005

THe only words on the Terry Shiavo case you will ever see here

John Edwards.

John "The Biggest Douche in the Universe" Edwards.

I think the Shiavo case is a very serious matter. I really won't say which side I side with, if only to avoid flames. Those that know me know which way I lean.

But seriously folks. I'm not sure how much I want to live in a world where one of the "expert" commentators to FOX on the Shiavo case is a phony TV psychic. As I said, this is a very serious matter. Turning it into a fucking media circus is a joke. But its so very FOX, and I think it reflects the trivialization of the media that has become so dominant in America these days. This is the sort of thing that happens in a country where a man is elected president because its felt that he has "more faith" than his opponent. Of course, its also, mainly FOX's fault for selling their network news not on actual, I dunno, NEWS, but rather on sensationalist coverage that draws the same sort of people who watch Jerry Springer and believe in the divine power of John Edwards.

It's a sad day when John Stewart's The Daily Show is the least sensational news program covering an issue like this.

Then again...John Stewart is also funny as hell, and his show's great (I'm glued to the set whenever I get a chance to watch it). But it really shouldn't be the least sensational major news program out there. I mean...honestly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home