Monday, August 01, 2005

A Something of Something

Finished George RR Martin's A Storm of Swords the other day, now meaning that I am up to date with his "A Song of Ice and Fire" novels. To reiterate: these books are great. They're some of the best fantasy novels that I have read in a long time.

Go. Read them. The RPG's coming out in September, and I'm honestly asking myself whether or not I love these books enough to drop $100 on the Deluxe edition that has Tri-Stat rules in addition to d20, not to mention color. I bought the Dexule Tri-Stat Silver Age Sentinels and have never regretted it.

That should keep me busy whilst waiting for A Feast of Crows to come out in paperback. I think.

And remember: Winter Is Coming.

God, they should make these into a movie...if they could get them right. Because the House Words would make great tag lines for each of the main characters. Y'know, on the posters with Eddard, Robb, Bran, and Arya you'd have the colors of House Stark with the words underneath "Winter Is Coming". For Cersei, Joffrey, Tyrion, and Jaime "Hear Me Roar". I cannot, for the life of me, remember what the Baratheon and Targyan words are. But I can just see the posters now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baratheon - Ours is the Fury
Arryn - As High As Honor
Tully - Family, Duty, Honor
Tyrell - Growing Strong
Greyjoy - We Do Not Sow
Martell - Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
Targaryen - Fire and Blood

And Davos - We Smell Like Onions (J/K)

Just happened to have a game of thrones right next to me...

5:21 p.m.  
Blogger Derek the Bard said...

No no, its "Fish, Rats, Onions".

Also, a thought occured to me. Jon Snow and Sam Tarly shouldn't get their house words on a poster. I'm thinking "The shield that guards the realms of men"...though I've always liked "the horn that wakes the sleeper".

...though saying anything about Sam and guarding, unless its guarding the last leg of chicken, just seems a touch ludicrous. Good old Ser Piggy.

10:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home