Saturday, October 01, 2005

SHINY!

I shiver. God.

Serenity.

Best movie I've seen all year. It beats Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, hands down. And that's...wow.

It's a beautiful movie. Hard to describe just HOW beautiful. But it was great. The fight scenes were quite nice. River's especially were real nifty.

I only have a small handful of complaints:

1) The guns make noise. IN the series they made these weird whistles, like they were run by air or were electrically triggered. The gunfights in the movie are full sound, full bangs. On the upside, there was still no sound in space.

2) Serenity's internal designs had changed a bit. It was a harder, more piece-meal Serenity. Not quite the ship we came to love on TV.

3) The slightly changed Simon and River's story. The only thing this REALLY does is make his opening lines on the second Niska episode make kind of strange. Still. It was a bit odd.

Still, characterization was solid. Inara got a gun. Well, a mechanically driven bow that she shot quite gracefully. But Jayne's very favourite gun, Vera, didn't make an appearence in the show. Which was such a damn shame.

But...wow. Go watch it! NOW! TWICE!

Go! Go! Ma Shong Jien Cha, Ta Ma Duh! Now!

...ahem. So yes. Very shiny.

1 Comments:

Blogger Corey said...

My brother, who apprecates but did not understand my Joss worship -- understands to the pount where he got me a full-cast signed script of the musical (which I think my ex- stole before fleeng the poilce)...

Saw the movie bought the series on DVD and s now a Whedonite. Note he does not watch TV, just has one for dvd use.

I'm lookng forward to seeing it in 6-8 months.

10:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home