Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Updates (since its been more than two weeks since the last)

Foreign Visitors

AlexanderLambert (from Productive Nihilism) came up last week to stay at my place for a week whilst avoiding his job. It was pretty good. He's like a good luck charm when it comes to LARP, as my LS Gangrel Inquisitor, Justin Mercier, FINALLY tracked down some dangerous rogue ghouls and stripped all their military hardware off them, and the infamous Master Craftsman Herr Doktor Innis Dupoir Nachteltaffen was able to secure a volcano fortress island along with legions of molemen minions (the scene started with Innis waking up to a giant amchine screaming "I am the UNDERMINER!")...anyway...

I introduced Alexander to a few movies I had kicking around, including The Boondock Saints, while he showed me Videodrome. All hail the new flesh.

And, in addition to having him read damn near my entire TPB collection (including all five books of Invincible, three of Noble Causes, two of Gotham Central, Superman: Secret Identity, Ex Machina, Jack Staff, Ultra, and PS238), I talked him into buying the four-book nWoD corebook set (World of Darkness, Vampire: The Requiem, Werewolf: The Forsaken, Mage: The Awakening). Which shall be of much amusement.

Mage LARP

Had Mage LARP character creation (mark 2) on Sunday. Now, I already made my Mage and got him sanctioned for play over in Hamilton. Doctor Sir Martin Emmanuel Blackhall, aka Kepler, Free Council Obrimos. I'm even putting together a Global Frequency-style Free Council group called The Global Symposium, which is open to all Camarilla Free Council PCs.

I'm REALLY psyched for this. Yeah, its sad, I'm psyched to play a 60+ year old English Astrophysics professor.

Phone Book Zombie Updates

I'm working on a 44-page script adaptation of the full length PBZ short story, "Delivery", that I submitted to the ZombieAid charity e-zine this summer, but it apparently didn't make it. So...rather than reediting and then resubmiting to another magazine, I'm writing it into a comic book. Why? Because...

...I'm in talks with an artist ATM. Not sure how much I can really say, but it started when I showed him the scripts for the original two page PBZ strip, and the three page Excelsior fragment. He loved them. This guys art is just outstanding, and he seems really psyched about the whole project.

I'm about a quarter of the way through the script right now and I'm really happy with it. Its got a really dynamic feel to it, like some of my early work on Project: BEOWULF. As much as I love SUICIDE YAKUZA, its a very static book (at least the first issue is).

I'm really looking forward to seeing where this all goes. I have high hopes. It has a potential to open a lot of doors.

That's Artist #1. I met a rather nice girl down at the comics shop the other day (don't look at me like that, she's 16...god, you people) who is one of the best amateur manga artists I've seen. Seriously. Her work is really nifty. She expressed a certain amount of interest in "Unnamed Super-Western" that I've been tossing around. Unsure of where that's going to go. Probably nowhere. But there is always hope.


That is all for now, mortals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home