Thursday, May 11, 2006

Last Post from Vic 2006

Moving out in about 20 or 30 minutes. Depending on when pater arrives. Needless to say, I'll be moving everything downstairs in the next 5 or 10 minutes.

Its been a good year. This semester has been rough. I was thrown for a loop, but I think I managed to get things back on track by the end, though I'm feeling a bit iffy about the English essay I rushed through in about 6 hours due to the prof not having a late policy other than Late=Zero.

Talked to profs today about grad school, and Professor Burgess, who's the undergrad coordinator for the Department of Classics said that I should take a year of Latin next year and apply to Museum Studies at UfT for grad school. He said he thought it would be really interesting, and that with my undergrad major in Classical Civ I'd probably have a good shot at a museum job. Oddly enough, this is what my good friend Jason Kalivas is studying over in Seattle. I'll have to speak with him about it. The English prof I spoke with, Professor Levine, suggested that I should try for a Masters before a doctorate, given that my marks aren't unbelievably spectacular (I average around a 76-78), and that the LSATS may be a good way to go.

Had coffee with a girl I met at my exam last night. She's pretty damn cool, and is possibly the ONLY person I've ever met who's also read Jim Butcher's Dresden Files. Which is saying something, considering that all the books are apparently "bestsellers". Was a rocking good time. And from there I went and had sushi (invited her, but she had a bunch of meetings with profs and a chaplain on campus...she's applying to American universities so needs to do something called a GRE or something like that).

And, finally, I FINALLY picked up "Territories", the new Forsaken sourcebook. Between that and Second Sight I should have plenty of RPG reading over the next few weeks.

I need to get a move on.

Excelsior!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home