Thursday, June 08, 2006

Red Gifts

Father and stepmother returned from their trip to Russia yesterday bringing...*gasp*...Communist presents!

Actually, overall its pretty cool. A handcarved Russian chess set, a KGB vodka flask (complete with Lenin's head embossed into the top of the cap, and CCP engraved into the bottom), and a funky looking bottle of vodka.

I like vodka. Its one of the few hard liquors I drink regularly. Parents gave me a bottle of Chopin they weren't using (that had only had a shot or so taken out of it), which filled my freezer with vodka. Seriously. I have the big bottle of Chopin, a smaller bottle of Smirnoff Raspberry, and a bunch of little 50ml bottles of various flavors of Smirnoff, and a little 50ml bottle of Level. The funky looking bottle won't fit in my freezer, so will probably wait, along with the unopened bottle of apparently VERY high quality grappa, until I move into an appartment and get a bit fridge and freezer. The only non-vodka in my freezer is a 50ml bottle of Limoncello (Italian lemon liqueur) that I drink from time to time. Can't bring myself to buy a FULL bottle, in large quantities the stuff is so powerful its disgusting, but in little sips its pretty good. Goes really nicely to spice up lemonade.

I've found a new favourite drink: vodka and pomegrante. Had a shot of Chopin in a small glass of pomegrante juice. Good for my heart AND tasty. Actually, I'm happy with that bottle of red juice. I found a good brand, one that doesn't make my mouth pucker with bitter hatred.

Speaking of gifts, mom's Easter parcel finally arrived. Full of chocolates (LOTS of chocolates), and The Mel Brooks Collection (a boxed set of 8 Mel Brooks movies: Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, History of the World Part I, The Twelve Chairs, To Be Or Not To Be, Silent Movie, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, and High Anxiety), which I've been enjoying for the past few days. REALLY funny stuff. Mumsy and I are HUGE Mel Brooks fans, so this is a real treat. And TOTALLY something I would never buy for myself.

That's really it for intersting news right now. I haven't written anything in a while. Its kind of disturbing. I need to finish doing SY plotting and get onto starting to plot out another project that I have an interested artist for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home