Thursday, February 28, 2008

I have given my friends theme songs

I love having a phone with a huge memory capacity on it. I've added about thirty new ring tones to my Blackberry since I got it (up from about 5-10 that I had on my Razr).

Aside from four of them, the rest are all old cartoon show theme songs (with a sprinkling of live action). For instance:

*Fox has the "Heroes" opening credits music. Fox got me into "Heroes".
*Mark has the entire "Silverhawks" theme song. I have no idea why. I just wanted to hear the music often, and Mark and I often chat on the phone about VST-DST stuff.
*Cheyenne has "Visionaries"...mainly because she was the friend I found my rediscovered love of that show with.
*Frank is "M.A.S.K." (though so far I've never actually let the phone get to the vocals, which is fine because the lyrics to the MASK theme song don't really make any sense).

Etc. It makes people very easy to recognize, and gives me an excuse to put songs on there. Also it gives them amusing theme music when I meet them. Its actually gotten to the point where several friends have requested which shows they want associated with them. Joe, for instance, upon discovering that MASK, Silverhawks, and Visionaries were taken asked for "Bravestarr". He has it now.

I need to dig up the theme music to GI Joe somewhere. Anyone?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you make my ringtone the theme to the Great American Hero, I promise I'll call most often. :)

12:54 a.m.  
Blogger Derek the Bard said...

Dude, if you call me at all, that would be awesome. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure my number's changed since the last time we talked on the phone.

I shall see if I can't turn you into one big Ex Machina reference.

1:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home