Saturday, January 22, 2005

In other news...

The blizzard roughly coincides with my new ownership of the TPB of the first 5 issues of Ex Machina, a nice, innovative book about the world's first, and apparently only, superhero giving up his tights and running for Mayor of New York City. Its a good read. But the central plot of the second through fifth issues are a huge blizzard paralyzing New York City. Coincidence...perhaps. Probably. Yeah, its a coincidence. But a fun one. Anyway, the book's great, check it out. I highly recomend it.

In computer news, things look up a bit. While I may need to reinstall Windows on my laptop to figure out if I really do have a hardware problem, I can recover most of my data thanks to having all the programs ready to reinstall, and about 2 gigs of backed up files. I am also looking into getting an external ethernet card that I can jack into my laptop, which would cost me $50 but also would mean I probably wouldn't need to reinstall Windows again. I am currently in consultation with some extremly computer saavy friends of mine about what to do. I hope to have a solution before the week is out.

I'm using a library computer right now, as I'm having problems accessing the network at the moment (which may be due to my installation of Zone Alarm, which may help, or may screw me over, I'm not sure). So postings of stories and other largely creative works are stalled for the time being. Time will tell what the future holds, I suppose. But I am getting fucking BORED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home