Saturday, January 22, 2005

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Well, the snows have come, my friends. Winter has finally, truly, come to the city of Toronto, and its come with a vengeance, ready to make up for lost time. Its been snowing pretty much constantly now, from around 10pm and straight on through till morning...and then past morning. And into the early afternoon. And pondering staying for dinner. Its turned the city into the proverbial winter wonderland (only without Trademark and his band of merry cyberpunk monkies). Standing at the corner of Avenue Road and Bloor Street, the corners of Bloor and Bedford (to the West) and Bloor and Bay (to the East) are invisible behind curtains of milky white. On the way to work this morning I saw a car nearly pull a 360 in the Southbound lane of Avenue Road, heading down towards Bloor. Mind that I didn't actually end up working, but still...it was an interesting education in the physics of red sports cars driven out of season.

And its coming down even harder now. Snapped some nice pictures of it last night, looking up and down Charles Street. I'll upload them sometime once I've cleared them up a bit. They're a touch blurry, as I was shivering with cold and didn't have my tripod on hand.

If I were a good Romantic poet, I'd compose an ode to the snow. Ode for a Crisp Winter Morn, or something like that. But I'm not in quite the right environment to compose such a piece. More's the pity. I could do with a bit of iambic tetrameter right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home