Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Some Delays on Way Down

For those that might have been up way too late, I put the fourth segment of "Tales from the Way Down" up last night for about 15 minutes, then promptly removed it. It featured the introduction of two new characters, Glaistig and Lady Vapour. I like both of them, visually at least. Galistig, I'm not sure whether she's an anti-hero or a straight out villain. Lady Vapour...I love her, visually speaking. She's got cool visuals, but she doesn't have the sort of hook that I want, and she was a bit too close to the 7r4d3m4rk stories for my taste. I've been trying to balance the Way Down stuff on the edge between Unknown Armies, Constantine, The Matrix, and my old 7r4d3m4rk stuff, but this slipped a bit too far over into the Matrix angle and away from the occult stuff. It also, notably, stopped using the setting as a character, which is something I was aiming for in the last few installments.

So, I'm going to rewrite. If people really want it, I'll email them the faux-fourth chapter, but I don't think I'll be posting it here.

Also, I'm taking down the Project Beowulf scripts. I finished reworking the first issue. I've got some friends doing some read throughs and edits on it now. I think I'm going to submit it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of: I'll get the Beowulf script back to you by Saturday afternoon, at the latest. My weekdays are strangely busy this term.

Waydown: can't wait for the next installment. As I've said to you before, I'm loving these stories. You mention UA, Constantine, the Matrix and the 7r4d3m4rk stuff, but I've always seen it as a modern take on the Planescape setting (probably because of the name Mimir), or more of a China Mieville's New Crobuzon. This is likely due to the total lack of the pressence of "normal" people.

1:28 a.m.  
Blogger Derek the Bard said...

Hmmm. I now have a bit of another direction to take the stories. I like the Planescape angle you've given. I think I'm going to run with that.

9:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home