Monday, May 09, 2005

First Day, BAH!

So I started back at Sharkey's this morning at 9am. Got up at 8. For me this is The Hour That Does Not Exist. I don't believe in any hour earlier than 11am, so this is kind of like entering the Magical Elf-Land for me.

It was OK, though. Time flew by.

Sharkey's is what I call a Corporate Kitchen. Everything is perfectly portioned out ahead of time, everything is precisely accounted for, and there are lots of sheets to fill out every day. I'm not big on this kind of kitchen, but it works.

Il Posto is honestly more enjoyable, I think, and I don't mind the longer shifts there. Sharkey's is both a bit more fun, as everything there speaks English as a native language, and honestly most of the staff are closer to my age, or at least my cultural origins. But at the same time, the guys at Il Posto are like old friends, and the kitchen there is something that I underestand a lot better. Its fast, its decently fun, and its very focused on the food, whereas at Sharkey's there at a lot of focus on procedure.

Anyway, enough griping. I'm back in tomorrow morning, assuming it doesn't rain. We shall see what we shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home