Tuesday, April 12, 2005

An End in Sight

Remember when I said that I'd burned every CD I owned onto my iPod?

Memory has proved me a liar. By about 20 discs. I got home to Oakville today for a few days of job hunting, and discovered, lo and behold, that I had another 20 or so CDs that I hadn't managed to fit in my binders at university (but will be able to now, thanks to space restructuring). These included several discs I had assumed lost, such as the first disc out of the pair for Metallica & the San Fransisco Symphony Orchestra, which I had presumed lost YEARS ago. Also, my Evening Wasted With Tom Lehrer. I know where my Pillows CD is as well. It's not here. It is somewhere else. But I think I know where it is.

With this in mind, I have much on my iPod now that I've never really listened to. I found that a friend had given me a disc with MP3s of multiple NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, and Tea Party albumns. I'd never even listened to the damn thing. Now I will.

As a parting thought: Cassettes took up less space than records. CDs took up less space than cassettes. CDs take up even less space out of their cases, as their cases account for something like a 400% increase in physical space used. For one CD and case, that's not much. For over a hundred, that's really something. I managed to reduce an overflowing box to a nearly empty box by just taking the front booklet/jackets out and chucking the cases.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home