Tuesday, June 28, 2005

To the Land of the Union Jack

Well, the payments are made. The tickets are booked. The relatives have been contacted and are being finangled into letting me stay with them.

Ladies and gentlemen, in three weeks time I will be in England. I positivly shiver at the thought. Its been five long years, but I'm finally going back for 6 weeks. Four of those will be spent at Oxford.

...and two will be spent with family. One week in London, one week at the family farm in Preston. Should be right good fun.

I'm trying to figure out how to pack light. Packing for six weeks isn't going to be easy. Especially for books.

Now, I have a lot of ebooks, so I'm good for most of my primary gaming resources thanks to DriveThruRPG.com. But comics...I dunno. Bringing along Jinx, becuase its so damnably BIG. Also bringing Exalted: The Alchemicals becuase I've done little more than flip through it once in the two months that I've owned it. I need to bring some other trades as well. To keep me sane, and to give me some graphic stuff to look at. I'm thinking V for Vendetta, Planetary volumes 1 & 2, @thena Inc., and possibly something by Neil Gaiman. Also bringing along my scriptbooks for Buffy, Q&C, and Demo.

Its a real pity I won't be able to bring my cane along with me. Or my top hat. I doubt I'll even bring my fedora, as much as I want to. Something about it just screams "outcast"...but I dunno. Maybe.

I really, really wish I had a Portable Hole or a Bag of Holding (but not both, becuase that's bad). Those would be really damn useful right about now. Or just a top hat, a magic wand, and a Zatanna-level command of the mystic arts. Because "Kcap pu!" is one of the greatest incantations of all time.

...maybe I'll bring Zatanna: Everday Magic with me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home