Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Able was I, ere I saw Elba

This summer was my Elba, and I shall face no Waterloo.

Moved into residence on Monday. I started at 12:30 and didn't finish till around 8 or 9pm. Finished unpacking before I went to bed. The room is now full. FULL. To the brim. Overflowing. So many books I don't know what to do with them all.

Goddammit, I even have a waffle iron, a kettle, a blender, a fucking juicer (though, sadly, NOT the FruitFucker 5000), three pans, three pots, and two corkscrews.

I am set.

There are no less than 10-15 people in my building from BC. Two of them are from the town next door (Burnaby) to my home town (Coquitlam). Another one is FROM Coquitlam. We stood around for 10 minutes or so just shooting the shit about our home town.

Which leads me to my first day at Imperia. I quit the Firehall. Thank fucking god. I am gone. And now I am here. Imperia's pretty cool. Food's good. Its clean, and nice. And the chef, it turns out, lived in Coquitlam about 10 or 12 years back. Damn, man. I cannot escape BC.

Reading Dave Simmons' Hyperion right now. Its good stuff.

Smallville season 5 comes out next Tuesday. I finished Veronica Mars season 2 yesterday. Damn that was a trick ending. Now watching the first season of Hercules: the Legendary Journeys, which I bought for $15.

I am bored. I consider filling my KGB flask with booze and walking around campus calling everyone "comrade".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home