Tuesday, May 17, 2005

In response to those who ask why I just don't draw my own comics...

...I direct you to this.

The work in question was my grade 8 art project. A RIFTS comic strip entitled "Duh-Wain: The Yokel Wizard". Don't ask me where its set, don't ask me what the characters' motivations are...I don't have the slightest clue. I found the sheaf of papers this was scanned from in my closet last week, and figured that, online, someone might get a laugh out of them.

But I'll tell you this: Brian Michael Bendis I am not.

Never been much of an artist. In theory this is for the same reason that I'm never going to win any calligraphy contests. I'm told by an occupational therapist that I hold my pen in such a way that it puts large amounts of stress onto my entire arm, where the force and pressure is absorbed along my wrists and forearms rather than my hand. It also means that I print, rather than write, and that the levil of legibility is about what you see therein.

...thus my non-photographic work tends to be a bit...errrm...yeah. See the above link. I really haven't improved much in the last 7 or 8 years.

This is why I seek artists for my scripts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home